Front Assist system packed up !

Discussion in 'Mk7' started by steveb, Feb 7, 2016.

1. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Hi
    Any of you MK 7 owners had problems with the Front Assost System, mine packed up on Friday (7200miles) so no cruise control, or emergency breaking. Earliest I could get into the dealer is 15th February ( after a bit of a bust up ).
    I am very interested to know if anyone elise have had this problem ? :(

2. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Got my car back yesterday, it was a bad connection on the ECU in steering column. They have cleaned connection up, and all seems well, hopefully :p

3. MrBroombastic76 New Member

What dealer do you use Steve?
    Not the one in norwich by any chance??

steveb likes this.
  4. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Hi, no not the one in Norwich, you mean Robinsons I think ?
    The last three VW'S I have bought new, have all come from Kings Lynn Volkswagen. This GTI I got last March, the only problem I had was having to wait for an appointment when a loan car was available, which is around a two week wait. Then on the day it was due to go to the dealer 15th February, I ended up in the Norfolk and Norwich hospital ( on going heart problems ). So I had to wait 2 weeks for another service slot, when a loan car was available. To be honest they found the problem pretty quickly, I dropped the car off at 9.30 am and they called me at 1.30 pm to say it was ready for collection. I could have kept the loan car for another day as it was booked out to me for two days ( it was a Golf 1.6 TDI, DSG ). But I am sure you will understand, I wanted my own back. The 1.6 TDI is great for economy, but you certainly miss the GTI :thumbup:

5. MrBroombastic76 New Member

I was just curious as im a service advisor at Robinsons in Norwich, just checking if we'd met :)
    I know what you mean tho, We've got 14 loan cars and there's still a long wait!
    PM me if you do ever swing by our neck of the woods :thumbup:

steveb likes this.
  6. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks I will do, very much appreciated. :thumbup:
    I live in Fakenham, so Kings Lynn is a little closer, not much though. I have had three new cars from Kings Lynn Volkswagen in the last seven years.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016