Front Windows MK2

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by VWJ1M, Dec 5, 2003.

1. VWJ1M Forum Member

Hiya guys, my ex next door neigbour has found my new house and has asked me to put her in new front windows on her knacker MK2. they both got smashed by the friendly youth mob.

So i need a wee bit of advice - How do i do it? i need to know cos i dont want to look a tit when i go round there cos shes a bit of a hunny! ;)
    any advice greatfully recieved cheers

2. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

take off door card, wind down window a bit, undo bolts that hold it all in place - you'll be able to see what ones they are once the door card is off....
    Edited by: darrynK

3. jprocter Forum Member

U might need ur handy little helper to hold the window while u put mech. back on.

4. jc.. Forum Member

how fit is she? Maybe I should come and help you.... ;)

5. Andy947 Forum Addict

Dear dear, read the question, Windows, not window widers!

Remove all the door card etc etc

You dont wind the window down as far as it will go.

You wind it down half way or so that the bolts line up with the cutouts in the door to allow you to undo them, then remove the trims on inside that the door card slips into at the top.

This will give you enough room to lift the window and to getly tip it forward and lift it out - dead simple really.

Refitting is the reverse of removal.

6. VWJ1M Forum Member

ive just gone round and i went to see the car, i rang the door bel, no answer, gave it a min, then she popped her head out of the window, sorry im just having a bath :p :p

Oh yeah shes fit! looked even better with wet hair!

Then she came down stairs open the door, chatted for a bit, then she said it wouldnt start. i jumpped in turn her over for a bit, just sound like it had no fuel, pumped the pedal, and she started, and the car, needed to get her abit wet......with fuel ;)

anyway to save embaressment ive got the car at my house now, just cant seem to get the glass in now. i will take off the top bit of trim see how that goes. ive got to say ive only even worked on mk1s, mk2 are well built compared to a mk1.

7. D4RK1 Forum Member

yeah u need to take the rubber along the top of the door off mate.

How is she paying then ;)

8. Rahul Forum Junkie

i did my mk1 windows yesterday.
    was ok...

9. VWJ1M Forum Member

cheers guys, all done now. put in through top on door with rubber guide out from top of door and side.

went round to drop it off, and she asked how much? i said stupidly, nah its free. she tried to give me some money but i said no, cos thats the kind poor person i am! hehehehehehe

anyway it will get me some browny points ;)

10. daviddd Forum Member

slow - yer should have said 'buy me some dinner then' and got to know her better!