Frozen doors anyone else suffer?

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by whitty, Jan 4, 2010.

1. PNG

png Forum Member

Used a hairdryer to unfreeze the door seals yesterday, though a paint-stripper gun used with care would probably work better. Someone recommended back-to-black to stop the rubbers sticking so might give that a try tomorrow.

2. 2 Black Lines New Member

Ahh the joys....

Had this ages ago in the MK1, had it sometime later in the Sirrocco, same thing happened in the Audi 100, and now the Gti does it again... mind you it is -5 outside and the car has been laid up for 3 months.....

Kettles on.

3. stainesy Forum Member

my mk3 has totaly frozen locks every morning at the mo to. i cant get the key in most of the time. but i solved it.
    when i had defrosted the lock i then sprayed wd40 into the lock and into the door handle and its been fine ever since.
    this morning the car was totaly frozen solid but the lock was absalutely fine coz of the wd40.

4. kirstychick888 New Member

drivers door always freezes and can usually get in through passenger side, apart from last week my way in was the boot

5. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I find the boot is usually the worst in the ice!!

6. whitty New Member

yay -3 outside and i got in result! vasaline on the rubbers seems to be the answer but im not saying it's cured it may have been a "one " off lol it is a VW after all and they are a law unto themselves !

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

no frozen doors here... your cars are just odd!

8. phatphil Forum Member

my n/s/f door lock keeps freezing locked lol so i've been my other halfs shofer lately lol

9. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

my doors are just freezing shut now along the seals, forgot to lube them up.