Fuel feed pipe to mk2 KR metering head- How much fuel upon disconnect ?? approx?

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by ambrose89, Jan 21, 2014.

1. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

a few quick questions.

1. when undoing this pipe how much fuel is expected to squirt out? -disconnecting with smokers walking past so keen to know what quantites i will be mopping up.
    2. fuel is slowly weeping out from the mating point between the fuel feed pipe/metering head clamped together by the securing bolt. This was opened slightly recently to check fuel getting through could this have caused it? if so how to fix?

3 I am correct that there should be no brass washer sandwiched in this join?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. jamesa Forum Junkie

1. Very little ... cover the joint with a rag when breaking it - due to the pressure release, can the smokers be rerouted / discouraged ?

2 & 3. Yes - fit a crushable aluminium / copper washer (the weep will probably have dissipated the pressure in the line)

I have experienced these joints both with and without washers.

3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

you should have a crush washer ever side of the banjo union
    the washer should be N 0138128

aye Andrew you see lots of things like that

4. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

I think I just needed reassurance. Thinking about it it's only gonna be whats in the pipe from the pump to the metering head isn't it. I'll wait for a risk free moment and bite the bullet now I know it's only a small amount.
    I dont think there are any copper washers on any of the connectors but will try this if need be.

Thanks guys.