Fuel Leak

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by vwbobby, Aug 29, 2013.

1. vwbobby Forum Member

Hi all,

I just want to find out is there a sealant I can use to glue my plastic box that holds my fuel pump in on my 1991 corrado 1.8 16v, as there is a slight leak from the join?

Here is a few pics of the fuel pump and box:

It is leaking from one of the joins in the plastic box, its not broken or anything either?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 2nd pic is where I think its leaking from?

Cheers

Bobby

2. vwbobby Forum Member

Anyone

3. TSR 2.1 Forum Member

http://www.agriemach.com/c300/fuel-tank-repair/p1488-sr-180-fuel-tank-repair-kit.html?gclid=CO3ct9DopLkCFXLItAoddSUA3A

I used this last year to seal in the sender unit on the MGB, worth a shot on the unit you have. I would suggest you clean and sand up the plastic really well first, before you apply this stuff. Oh and don't even kid your self if you thing you have time to apply this... it goes off really fast. I would actually suggest you buy 2 packs so that you can have a second shot if the first one goes off before you are ready.

It dose work mind you.

4. vwbobby Forum Member

Cheers TSR 2.1 that is a big help mate

5. vwbobby Forum Member

Anyone have a spare one in good condition that they want to sell?

6. watercooled Forum Member

Old age rules with this problem,the bonded joint fails over time,you can clean it to with an inch of its life and have a good plastics guy run a seam of polyethelene (?) or polyprop around it .
    Best to do a pressure test first,cover the whole thing with soapy water and put some compressed air into the inlet that will show,you may need to block off some laterals ,use short bits of hose with bolts stuck up these,hold on with a few hose clips,worked for me.
    If they are hard to find you will have to repair,if not buy a used one without the pump if yours is ok.GOOD LUCK.