fuel pump relay , agg engine

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by whitemk2, May 20, 2014.

1. whitemk2 Forum Member

Anyone know the part number for the fuel pump relay on a 1997 mk3 Golf GTI 2.0 8v AGG engine?

Went to go out in my mates car last night and it wouldn't start. I couldn't hear the relay priming so I presume the relay is knackered?

cheers

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

possibly, easy way to check pump and associated wiring is swap the #18 relay into the fuel pump socket. if pump comes on with ignition that side can be ruled out. this would leave fuel relay fault, or ecu/wiring problem.

if car will start and fire with the 18 relay the ecu and engine can be ruled out, you would be left with damaged ecu trigger wire to g1/3 or the fuel relay is bust

if car wont fire with the 18 relay look at the ecu and engine side for potential suspects, ecu relay also worth looking at. crank sensor and coil 2 common faults on these engines, ideally get vagcom on it

anyway ecu relay is 165906381 @ 14.76+VAT and fuel relay is 191906383C @ 29.26+VAT

3. whitemk2 Forum Member

cheers rubjonny , I will have a look it either tonight or tomorrow

4. paceo Forum Member

hi dude, ive got all the relays you need! breaking my agg! 07773114069 is my number

5 posted if you need any, best regards dude! ;)