Fueling a R32 in a golf mk1

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Hummel, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Hummel New Member

Hi Gents,

After finishing up my rust repair and reinforcements of my golf mk1, i'm beginning to plan my next move :)

Found that the tank and fueling needed my attention (at least for now), and i wanted to share my thoughts to se if you guys have some concerns or knowledge to share :)

The engine is a BUB R32, this model does only have one fuel line going to the engine since the fuel filter is also a regulator (correct me if i'm wrong)

The fuel tank is for a 1.1 carb golf mk1 so no fuelpumps what so ever. My plan is to fit an intank fuel pump in a homemade swirlpot and fit it into the tank through te fuel gauge holde and fastened it to the original fuel gauge bracket. This way i will safe alot of exteranal lines and connecting. The pressure line from the pump will go through the original fuel gauge bracket and then onto the R32 fuelfilter/FPR, the return wil go onto the original return line on the fuel gauge bracket.

The fuelpump could be something like this
    ftkefi1_2.1847.jpg

For me this is the simples sollutions, but maybe i'm way of?

If me description is difficult to understand I can make a drawing instead ;)

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes he fuel reg is in the fuel filter in the mk5 it's a returnless fuel system keeps from heating the fuel in the bay
    you have a few options one use a mk4 fuel rail and pressure regulator or a standalone regulator or even the mk5 fuel filter as you said

what you have planned sounds like it should work

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017