FULL MK4 1.8T into MK2 conversion help...

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by jaistanley, Aug 6, 2004.

1. jaistanley Forum Member

Hi guys. Typical, you wait for one bus and two turn up. Fitted an ABF into my golf recently and someone has just offered me a 2003 golf 1.8t with all the kit except for the damaged shell.. (very reasonable price)

I have been toying with the idea of taking one servicable golf (say a GL or maybee a synchro converted shell) stripping it and fitting the MK4 fusebox, dash, wiring loom, engine, gearbox, pedal box, ABS, Air con etc etc...

Dutchdubs.com used a recent ibiza bulkhead to fit all the dash and pedal and heater gubbings so wondered how viable this option would be..

Can anyone see this as being plausable?

Is using the MK2 'rear' loom. ie, the leccy windows and rear lights etc, and mating to the new fusebox possible?

Any help much appreciated.

Jai

2. cforehead Forum Member

How many miles has your abf done mate? If it comes to selling just the Lump, gimme a bell.

Sounds a good idea, if its a good price and you can find a tidy Golf, AND have the time and space to do it, GO FOR IT!

So long as you've got another car to run around in you can do the new Conversion yourself, learning AND saving cash along the way!

Fordham [:D]

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Totally plausible - but don't come to me at 11pm when you've run out of solder....... :lol:
    Very hard job, depends on which clocks you use.

4. jaistanley Forum Member

Well i'd plan on using the MK4 clocks in a MK4 dash.. bit of a job to fit I know but that dash in a MK2 would be the tits. How similar is the electrics new to old? I fitted central electric to my golf because I wanted to make a corrado dash swap easyer. I'd have to ditch all that and use the MK4 stuff and adapt the current car loom for lights, wipers etc right??

Jai