full on 16v!!!

Discussion in '16-valve' started by roccodan, Nov 5, 2005.

1. roccodan Forum Member

right...ive got a plan, after reading loads about 8v vs 16v on here ive decided to build a shed in my back yard to bulid a 2l 16v for my scirocco, running jenvy bodies and omex ecu (cos my mate is a dealer in both ;) ) ive allready got a 2l 2e in my scirocco but want more power,so 16v it is ..so what 2l 16v would be most suted and what car should it come from ,also any other advice will be great [:s]

2. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Most people use 9a engines from corrado/passat as they can give good power with right mods

Also it bolts in easyer than abf as it is a short block

Use aftermarket 4 branch exh mani or a rocco 16v manifold/downpipe if you want better reliability(no cracks)

If you decide to go with above pm-me a cos i might be able to help ;)

3. golfmanuk Forum Member

how did you get the setup for your bike throttle bodies mate? and wot are they of?

4. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

They are magnneti marreli bodies of a mv agusta bike
    My m8 made me a handmade inlet mani using lower part of original mani as a flange
    this way i can use built in vacum take off and also choice where to mount injectors, in the bodies or the manifold
    Just wish i had time to get it all in the mk1 [:^(]