Funny noise, NSF wheel

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Chris, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Chris Forum Member

Whilst driving at slowish upwards speeds there is a funny whirring noise occuring on the NS front of car. I have had a look at it, and found out it is not a wheel bearing as there is no play in wheel bearing. Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. mikeydub New Member

i've got the same kind of noise , but it goes away on right hand bends . it sounds like a bearing but i've got no play in mine either !

3. Chris Forum Member

I haven't noticed noise going away, but my music is always up nice and loud. Might be an idea to turn it down and listen. Theres a FAQ about this is the Chassis FAQ section. It seems to point to wheel bearings but with no play contradicts it. Might just change mine anyway and hope for the best.

4. md8v Forum Member

had problems with the wheel barings on my '84 polo. they made a noise but there was no apparent play in the wheel, had both barings changed anyway and it solved the problem.

5. Chris Forum Member

Cheers, any ideas how much they will cost? My GSF and ECP catalogues are too far away, either that or i'm being lazy, lol :p