g60 /02a ..clutch needs to be pressed all way to floor

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by pigbladder, Oct 30, 2021.

1. pigbladder Forum Addict

stock g60 golf with o2a gearbox , had a recent slave and m/c , bled lots of times

clutch needs to be pressed all the way on the floor and makes it hard to drive easily , is there anyway to diagnose if it needs further bleeding or if the clutch fork/arm is bent without having the box off....really dont want to take off the box if i dont have to as the clutch doesnt slip

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

I've got similar on my 1.8t with o2j and hydraulic set up, new clutch, bearing etc, bled and bled but it's quite close to floor, even wondered if the pushrod was short so freeplay but not really, only thing I found was a couple of discussions on Internet regarding mk4 clutch change and resulting low pedal and suggests to fit new fork arm when fit new clutch, but no real definite answer.
    I've just got used to it being lower than other car, but may venture further when engine comes out next time.