G60= 230BHP

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by 8v steve, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Lee-GTi Forum Member

Whats this R1 Charger you hear people taking about!?? its never in the pricing and not meany people have them! but i think there alot of money!

2. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

I was at pitstop/g-works last night picking up my "full blend" charger for my G40 and i had a quick chat with darren from g-works. Real nice bloke, what he doesn't know about G60's isn't worth knowing about if you know what i mean?

As said above jabba will still do a good job of a charger rebuild (R1) but it just seems you'll be waiting a while as any g-lader work has been put on the back burner in favour for 20v work which is were the money is these days.

G-werks :thumbup:

3. LregG

Just remembered paul turners G60 rallye is at 240 bhp so it is achievable (with red top injectors!!)

G-werks demonstrator
    Edited by: LregG

4. crofty New Member

Hi all, i brought a corrado G60 a couple of days ago, which has been to Jabba sport and had chip and pully, and stage 4 conversion + induction kit.

The work was done 2 years ago whilst my friend had the car, and to be honest they were really into G60's and supercharger work, i phoned them the other day to askhow to make the corrado faster and theyjust said that u cant do much more.....

5. LregG

WTF, proves a point!! Didn't want your business as it wasn't a 20v [:s]

G-werks would inform you of what mods would compliment/improve what has already done.

I would recommend some red top injectors, race spec charger rebuild, toothed charger pulleys/belt, sns stage v chip, bin the corrado intercooler and get thier uprated one etc etc etc.

Can't do much more??? :lol:
    Edited by: LregG

6. crofty New Member

Thanks for the info, how much faster will it make the car? i think its running about 200 bhp of a little lett 197 ish my mate cant find the rolling road figures.

the charger has a small external leak jabba said about 80 to fix, would this effect power?

7. LregG

Leaking boost will result in a loss of power.

Save your 80 and put it towards a race spec rebuild from g-werks if funds allow. If it was rebuilt around 2 years ago it would be a good idea to have it split open and checked anyway mate.

8. RobboVW New Member

Without being too nosy, i'm very curious to know, what it would cost for that guy to have the charger, cam etc done to his G60 to get it to 220ish bhp. I'm trying to decide whther its worth the money etc. Or whether it costs the earth! any help would be much appreciated.

9. buzz New Member

MY CARG8 DUB IS THAT SPEC AND IT SHOWS 226 BHP FLYWHEEL 270 POUNDS OF TORQE WITH A STAGE 2 HEAD AND 270 CAM . LAST ROLLING ROAD SHOWED 210+ AND 270 POUNDS OF TORQUE ASK VELLY OF CLUB GTI NEWPORT TO CONFIRM THIS HE WAS THERE NO WAY WILL YOU GET 230\240BHP LIKE JABBA SAYS .

10. buzz New Member

11. buzz New Member