g60 into mk3

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Ro, Oct 23, 2003.

1. RO

Ro Forum Member

i know this has been done, so if there are any sites pls direct me,

can the g6o engine fit in a mk3 gl? or is it more hasstle than its worth, may have to sell the mk3 and get a mk1 again.

mouse

2. StefanVW Forum Member

Scott from E1K has done it to his MK3.

Spoke to him at the last E1K meeting about it and he told me he would never do that again - apparently they can go in but are too much hassle on the wiring side of things.

Go for a VR...

3. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

G60 in a mk3? Id personally go for a lighter shell. [8D]

4. RO

Ro Forum Member

well its just i could get hold of a G60 easily, and the car is only a 4stud hub, so i thought a G60 would be easier, I'd rather buy a vr6 than put one in if you know what i mean.

mouse

5. AndrewF Forum Addict

yeah, there's no point in puttin an engine into a car, when some models of it already have that engine..it's cheaper and easier to sell your's and buy a vr.

if your gonna do a transplant, you have to go for somethin that can't be already bought as standard like that (if you know what i mean).

6. tylerrules84 Forum Member

lighter shell? ehhh... rip out the backseats, carpet, roof liner, spare tire, replace the glass with plastic, lighter hood, smaller battery, tear out the a/c, passenger seat, replace the drivers seat with a carton... ... then maaaaybe it would weigh as much as a Mk2... now if you want it to weigh as much as a Mk1... well... [:o)]

7. AndrewF Forum Addict

don't know why people think mkIII's are overweight. i mean they do weigh more than a mkII, but not by that big an amount. it's the mkIV's that are the heavyweight's and i bet the mkV is even worse.

i reckon the average mkII weighs just under 1000kg, the average mkIII just under 1150kg and the mkIV up towards 1500kg. (maybe weigh out, but thats how the 'feel' to me when i'm in them).

8. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Still if you want one to weigh the same as a mk2, thats at least 150kg of sh*t you have to rip out!!!