G60 Limited Colour

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by vdubajgti, Feb 22, 2008.

1. vdubajgti Forum Member

Hi, does anybody know the colour and paint code of a G60 Limited? I believe they were all the same colour [:s] , and I really like it. Piccy of a limited below

[​IMG]

Thanks ;)

2. Cabby Dave Forum Member

I thought they were all dark blue/black?

3. paulyb Forum Member

Had a wee search around cant find a site listing colour options, the ones I have seen on here have been black, but the one in the picture above looks pearl grey could be wrong?

4. paulyb Forum Member

5. Limited New Member

The first batch produced in 1989 up to december were a very dark metalic grey. The second "half of the 71 produced were a metalic black in colour. I went to buy mine no 32 and I was shocked that it was grey. The seller told me the reason. I had no reason to disbelieve him as he had owned previously 2 golf limiteds in his household.
    Limited.

6. vdubajgti Forum Member

Thanks for the info, don't suppose you'd know the paint code or could find out (label in boot if one exists)?

7. TurbTech Forum Junkie

I think a few piccys are required in the members motors section ;)

8. pigbladder Forum Addict

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  9. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

:thumbup:

^^ relates to early car

^^ relates to car 49

10. vdubajgti Forum Member

Thanks for the help. If it is gunmetal grey then I would assume it's the same colour as the car in the link (below) since it states gunmetal grey metallic. However, to me it looks a different colour. My original picture is very dark, and I really, really love the colour. Just want somebody to confirm this is the colour or tell me if it is in fact different, and if possible let me know the colour and/or code. If only there was somebody on this site who owned a G60 Limited of that colour (since it won't be the only one), they could look on the VW sticker for the code, and it would be done. Some things are never simple! ;)

Linky: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/388039.htm

Many Thanks
    Ash

11. vdubajgti Forum Member

Still searching for colour/code!

More piccies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again

12. pigbladder Forum Addict

did you go on that dubforce thread i posted ? theres at least 2 limited owners on there i think

13. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

There was certainly a thread relating to the Limited colour on Dubforce a while back, because a chap on there was needing to get the slam panel painted for his own Limited.

14. pigbladder Forum Addict

are they not mattblack like all the others

15. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Obviously wanted to colour code it. ;)

16. vdubajgti Forum Member

After using the search function on dubforce and trawling through lots of posts, finally found my answer. With the limited's it seems very hard to trace a paint code since there isn't a sticker in the boot, there isn't a sticker on the inside cover of the original service book, and apparently vw don't know what a limited is, because the VIN is different to 99% of all other VW's as they were hand built in Hannover, therefore not coming up on their normal system. Anyway, there are two colours for the limited, as people here have suggested. Metallic black LP9V (same as a rallye option apparently) and on earlier cars LB7V which is graphite metallic, also a rallye option, the colour I am looking for!! [:D]

Thanks for all help ;)

17. farquare Forum Member

do the limited's not have the paint code behind the o/s headlight, i'm sure my mk2's had a yellow sticker in the inside of the wing....

18. I think mine has an orange plastic tag (Not Limited just a 16v).

19. eggerson New Member

Ltd.

Hi there,

Limited build in 1989: LP9V
    Limited build in 1990: LA9V

[​IMG]

Kind regards from Austria Andy

20. Limited New Member

I had a look in the boot behind the emergency triangle but found no paint code details. Sorry couldn't see anything. John