Garmin StreetPilot i3 SatNav 144

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by VeedubyaGTi, Dec 31, 2005.

1. VeedubyaGTi

VeedubyaGTi Forum Member

Just found this Garmin StreetPilot i3 SatNav going for 144 from Woolworths, also available instore, so save more on delivery. This is 30 cheaper than anywhere else online I can find. No TomTom, but a mate of mine rang before and his missus got him one of these for xmas, and he`s well happy with it...she was`nt though when they walked into Woolworths before only to find the price had droppped since she had bought it for him :lol:

Woolworth Garmin i3 SatNav :)

2. Switch625 Forum Member

Yeah my bro picked one up from Woolies the other day, he gave it a quick test n' said it was good for the money :thumbup:

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

isn't the screen completely impossible to see while driving? looks tiny [:s]

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I hardwired one of these in for a customer, screen is a lot smaller than a tom tom for instance.

5. enc. Forum Member

The Garmin i3 is 129 at comet mate ;)

Been looking at sat nav today, was toying with the idea of getting the Garmin but after seeing it today iv changed my mind. the screen is only 1.7 inches and isn't a touch screen. That might not be a problem for you but after using a touch screen its a bit [xx(] Having to change numbers and letters for post codes with the scroll wheel is a ball ache.
    Also had a play with the navaman 530 wich looks good and seemed quick but a tad expensive imo.

ASDA are doing a medion pna 350 with touch screen for 150. Online reports seem ok for this unit.

I'm probably going for the tom tom one which a mate has. I know its basic but sufficient for my needs.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  6. Mark16v Forum Member

From what I've seen looking into them the TomTom One seems the best value unit available. Touch screen, descent size and nice looking. Also a doddle to use, granted its more than the Garmin but it's so much nicer to use and isn't massive either.