Gear linkage bushings

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by Adder, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Adder Forum Member

Morning folks ,

I’m planning on replacing my clutch next weekend, the gear linkage bushings are absolutely knackered so, I would like to do it all in one hit if possible. I’m not sure however which kit or where to get the right kit from . I as I look at pictures on line I can’t match up what it is that I need so, I was hoping for a little advice please .

1st thing is, rocking the gear lever back and forth there’s loads of play in “ lever ball” and the the square “selector shaft”

2nd thing is the two bushings on the relay shaft and the relay shaft bracket itself

lastly is when I rock the gear lever from left to right , there is play in the “relay lever bracket “ which is a cantilever thing which converts the left and right movement to a back and forth movement.

Anyway I managed to find this pic which show the bits I’m on about and would appreciate it if anyone could piont me in the direction please ?

IMG_0304.gif

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  2. stephen stanyer Forum Member

I bought a complete set from band b components on e-bay pleased with the result.

3. Adder Forum Member

4. H8V

h8v Forum Member

oops. wrong car.

5. stephen stanyer Forum Member

Sorry I was thinking mk2.

6. Adder Forum Member

Thats fine Steven no worries thanks for the reply in any case