Gen 1 Haldex Leak PITA

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by G60Dub, Oct 16, 2013.

1. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

I have a very slight leak from my Haldex clutch pack and I'm going to be trying to sort it in the near future given the 4Mo is due a Haldex filter and new oil in a couple of months.

The leak is proving elusive to pinpoint as it mists the area around the controller, precharge pump and Haldex filter and it's pretty much impossible to tell where it's originating.

The cars had a Blue controller on it in the past and I'm hoping when the original was swapped back in (Gits! :lol:) that the gasket wasn't replaced with a new item, hence the leak.

As such I've ordered some new Haldex controller bolts, gasket and the 2 pre-charge pump O-Rings and will pick up a Haldex wrench, filter and oil come payday.

I'll probably strip and clean the precharge pump while I'm at it.

One thing that I can't seem to find on ETKA is if there is a copper crush washer or similar on the Haldex drain bolt? If so it doesn't seem to be listed and wanting to be prepared does anyone know what size I should use?

Any other tips?