Getting back on the horse....

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by retrowhore, May 12, 2012.

1. retrowhore Forum Member

It's been a while since I bothered to use my DSLR. Time, lost charger and lack of interest made me leave it to gather dust but the recent addition of an art student in the home has given me reason to have another go - maybe with more kit and a fresh outlook.

My current kit consists of a Canon 350D?Rebel XT with the 18-55 kit lense. I've had some great shots with this as below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, to inspire me to take more, and better images I am investing a little and have ordered a battery grip, 2 extra batteries and a CF to SDRAM adapter with more memory.

I'd like to go with more lenses to make the most of the kind of shots I take. I'm mainly interested in automotive, landscape, architecture and people. Can anyone recommend a good lense/lenses to help me improve?

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  2. Mk2matt

Mk2matt Forum Member

Wide angle would be my first purchase for Motorsport, landscapes etc it's a very versatile piece of kit!
    To be honest I've been the same and let my DLSR gather dust although after recently getting an iPhone 4s I've been blown away by the quality of the camera and the decent editing apps available
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HDR pics straight from phone to web!

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  3. barny Forum Member

I've got the 17-40mm F4 L Lens and the 70-200 F2.8 L Lens, expensive but excellent! Ditched the kit lens after a while and tried a Simga 24-70F2.8 but it was horrible in comparison. The L lenses are worth every penny.
    I Was playing in the garden shooting plants with a 13mm macro ring on the both lenses, (hand held with a gentle breeze made it!) comedy focal points but interesting closeups....

4. Collie Forum Junkie

[​IMG]great image mate. really capturing a moment of happyness/fun

harlequin dane???[​IMG]we have danes too