getting my megasquirt 20v mapped

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by kingslynn20v, Jan 25, 2007.

1. kingslynn20v Forum Member

no i,m using the lc1 controller just connected staight to the ms

2. kingslynn20v Forum Member

mmm after reading bertelli,s link, that maybe the problem, i have never adjusted any lc1 settings.. will give it a try today. ben any idea of the bosch defaults or where to find them? and where is my warm up light??????????

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  3. bens_cab Forum Junkie

im 99.9% sure you need to put a resistor inline ill tell you why

i had a resistor when i first installed it and the wideband read spot on but when i change the loom for the version 2 i didnt put one in and my wideband was reading different to toyotecs lm1 so i need to use a resistor again

4. kingslynn20v Forum Member

right update,,, adjusted settings in lc1 and its now 100 times better, not there yet but half way, still a bit crap from cold, might have to add an idle valve i think

5. bertelli_1 Forum Member

Mine is also crap when its cold. I tried playing around with isv control but couldn't get it working properly. (info on the website). I'm gonna try taking settings from a stock setup and see if I can replicate these with ms.

6. bens_cab Forum Junkie

you dont need a idle valve you just need to set the cold start enrichments up just keep tweeking them until you get a good start i have no problems with cold start or idle due to the fact i didnt bother with a idle valve

kingslynne you much to learn my young jedi but the path you have taken is a good one now read that manual:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I had a modified code kicking about on the extra site for driving the vw isv on cammy engines, may be worth a go. Also the closed loop o2 control works very well when set up properly.

If you run stoich at idle (14.7:1) you should have no problems with the mot.

8. bens_cab Forum Junkie

i was running about 14.0:1 on my mot had the wideband on correcting it until they passed it got love the wideband

9. kingslynn20v Forum Member

i wish i was young ben!! i,ve junked the idle valve and i,m getting there, i hate reading stuff it just never seems to sink in! but i,l try:) :)

10. bens_cab Forum Junkie

lol yeah reading sucks i know ive always be unable to read unless it interests me i printed the tuning manual off bout 4 times put a copy in the toilet one in the lounge one in the bedroom and took one to work

you can get a steady idle by altering the spark map around idle so the timing dips down i was speaking to toyotec yesterday about idle valves and to be honest im not to fussed although hearing the idle rise slightly on startup until warm would be nice but not essential

did you sort the wideband out whats your idle afr now

11. kingslynn20v Forum Member

yea sorted the wideband i think, she,s running a 100 times better, my afr at tickover is about 12.4, does that sound right? when you say adjust the spark advance do you mean alter it until the tickover gets smoother? one other thing ben i think my tempeture gauge in megatune is out, i,m sure its reading high, how the hell do i adjust this because i,m sure this ain,t helping:p

al

12. arienol Forum Member

That is quite rich at idle, you would expect to see a similar afr under boost.

13. bertelli_1 Forum Member

That is very rich at idle, it should be close to 14:1. If megatune is reading the wrong temp it will mess up the afr. The inlet temp sensor and coolant temp sensor need to be calibrated to ms (both are VERY important). I used the recommended inlet sensor (ax1 from www.woolfe.com) which has the correct output for ms. For the coolant I soldered a new 'sperm' (part no 151-215 from www.rswww.com) into my blue sensor which had the correct resistance. The other option is to use easytherm to calibrate ms to the standard sensors. I'm sure ben/keith/toyotec will chip in with advise on how to do this.

14. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Bosch sensors on both IAT and CLT read around approx 2.0Kohms at 22degC. If you use the Easytherm software this will sort out the sensor calibration. All of my cars use OEM sensors no add-ons. The default sensor cal is in a .S19 file.
    As said in my brief on my car the AFR at idle can be as lean as 15:1. It can also be as rich as 14.2 depending on engine condition or vaccum signal. Ideally you want the leanest AFR without missfire. Of course the leaner you can get the mixture the more you may have to enrich when accelerating way.

15. kingslynn20v Forum Member

don,t you need 3 resistance readings for easytherm?, and how to i import that into megatune and my ms ecu???? sorry for all the questions

16. bens_cab Forum Junkie

if you download the easytherm software from msefi there is a guide explaining what to do i think you may have found the problem with your running

basicaly you put the boot jumper on set the bosch values then the software wipes clean the ecu so make sure you save your msq then just follow the instructions

its not to hard i managed it lol so you should be ok as for the idle using the spark make you make a hole where the idle is so it keeps the idle at the same point of the map

im sure toyotec will correct me here as this is what we did to mine

17. kingslynn20v Forum Member

boot jumper??? i,ve put standard bosch sensors in easytherm and hit send to ms but it keeps saying something about an s19 file??????

18. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Send me your MSQ via email and I will try to sort this out for you.

19. kingslynn20v Forum Member

msq? i,m sorry i,m not up on all the tech talk, i managed to get easyyherm to work, the version i downloaded had no s19 files in it if that makes sense? hit send to ms and off it want giving me a progress report ect, removed the jumper and now it won,t commicate with my laptop, the pump primes when i turn it on but the engine won,t start...have i broke it??

20. bens_cab Forum Junkie

now you have used easythern load the saved map file (msq) and load it back to the ecu this should sort the problem out

also check you have a comms connection the port may have changed