Glow Plug Warning Light

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by JettaTDi, Oct 16, 2013.

1. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Hi there the wife was driving the my 2010 Mk6 Golf 1.6 Diesel, this morning when the glow plug warning light started to flash. This also came with a loss of power.

I told her to switch the car off, and restart it which cleared it. This has again happened this afternoon.

Any suggestions would be great, the car is used for mainly long journeys and not short journeys. Her average journey is 20-30 miles at motorway speeds.

Cheers

2. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

And now the fecking engine management light is on arghhhhh. Who said VW's were reliable.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

iirc on the older diesels the glow plug came on if there was a brake light switch failure? might be imagining that one. but either way it'll wand scannign with vagcom/vcds now check out de fault codes

4. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

After a fight with the local garage a new EGR valve is being fitted, now got a Honda Jazz as a courtesy car, although can't drive it due to my knackered finger, and being doped out my eyeballs

5. nealey Forum Junkie

Egr valve is part of the cooler and is a common issue, is it a vw garage you are having the work done at as there is also a software update for egr faults