Golf convertible window and roof problem

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by nickid, May 15, 2012.

1. nickid Forum Member

Hi all, just picked up a mk3 convertible as a project and I fully tested everything. Now today I am having problem getting front, rear and roof to work. They sometimes don't go down and when they do either front, rear or roof don't want to play the game and come back up?
    Can anyone help?

2. vwcab98 New Member

I had same problem with ns front, pulled panel back and sprayed runner with wd40 and switch plug as seemed abit of water going down seal.
    the roof was a rubber seal on motor but owner before me said about that, I think he said he found fitting was on google search seal was about 1 main dealer

3. Matt48 Forum Member

mines a later mk3/4 front. The ns front stopped working so wd40 and lithium grease on runners and around motor got it working. 8 months later stopped again and os only work occaisionally.

So I did both of them wd40 and grease and both are perfect. Rear and hood all work fine.

4. Matt48 Forum Member

sorry should have said took the door cards off!!!

5. nickid Forum Member

Thanks for getting back to me with the info guys. Will get right in about it and do all.
    Just bought a glove box too, to replace the shelf.

6. nickid Forum Member

well i did all as above but then found the rear windows wont go back up?
    had to turn key on and off and press the window button every time for the window to go up a centemeter at a time to get the window up.