Golf GTi 1997 R Reg

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by cocobay63, Jul 30, 2007.

1. cocobay63 Forum Member

Hi there people i need some help im off to a garage later today to see what price theyd give me for my car, its a 1997 R Reg Golf GTi 8v, its done just under 130,000 miles Dragon Green, 5 door, MOT November, Tax 5 Months, its in Average condition What price do you reckon id get for it, ? its the car in my Sig without the TT Alloys has the originals back on it, id like to get 1100 for it at least,

2. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

A dealer will only offer you 600 for it trade if your lucky.

Sell it privately mate.

3. cliveyp Forum Member

Definately no where near 1100. I was only offered 1200 for my N plate VR Highline, 120k, 3 door, good condition etc etc etc, and that was after i battled them up from 800!

4. Robbie

Robbie Forum Member

..you'll get what you want for it mate - just hold your nerve!

5. cocobay63 Forum Member

Well, its on the Autotrader now i undercut everybody by 1 pound !!, had a few calls on it today one coming tommorow !!, lets hope it oges my way, thanks yea i went to a Garage and he said 800, which im hope to sell by this weekend, its up for 998 now,

6. stomper250 Forum Member

Should sell pretty quick for that price.

Good luck chap

7. cocobay63 Forum Member

Thanks, its a shame i had to lower it to that price no offers on it because its a great car with loadz of history, but i really have plucked the milage up on it which means the value went down, ive made a huge loss but thats depreciation really, but bring on the MK4

8. cocobay63 Forum Member

ITS GONE !!!!!! but didnt really go completly my way, the Window motor decided to give up when he pressed the button for full closure we settled on a price but im not the happiest guy, im missing that car already may have only been an 8v GTi but was still a good car,

9. paulyb Forum Member

Nowt wrong with an 8v,they are never only an 8v[:x] :lol:

what did you get for it,thought dragon green was the best colour?

10. cocobay63 Forum Member

i got not 945 for it ! :( but i had put heavy miles into the car and yes i agree Dragon Green is by far the best colour love it, the car has been gone now a couple hours i have no transport and im missin it dearly ! really! i hope the new owners treat it well ! because i spent 2 hours cleaning it and nobody could have walked away from it, i can see the first buyers were going to take it, !