Golf GTi mk2 fuel pump keeps running

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by valvemiester, May 30, 2017.

1. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Hello can anyone help please I have a problem with my fuel pump on my Golf GTi its a 1991 J reg 1.8, 8 valve PB engine it appears to be standard apart from a k&n cone air filter and four branch manifold with jetex exhaust not that I can see that would make a difference but. When you turn the ignition on the fuel pump primes as usual but it doesn't stop priming just keeps running, otherwise it starts and runs fine, is there a pressure switch somewhere on the fuel system to turn this off when it gets to pressure ? I presume there is if so can anyone tell me where it is located thanks in advance.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the ecu handles this, check the relay in slot 12 it should be a 67, 80 or 167

3. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks rubjonny I will look into it, Its a project car so will probably look into it after inters as Ive got to clean my other mk2 ready for Saturday.

4. N18_VR6 New Member

Sorry to bring this back up but did you manage to sort this fault out as I am having same issue not being able to get fuel pump to stop priming.