golf mk2 1.6

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by nickdrivergti, Aug 9, 2010.

1. nickdrivergti Forum Member

I got a mk2 1.6 golf and i have had it for last 2 years sitting in the garage, been doing stuff to it for every now and then.

the question is i cant be bothered with it anymore do i put it up as a project and sell after all this time or do i bother putting all back together?

whats been done, pulled engine and gearbox out for 2ltr 8v on bike carb conversion with a 16v 9a gearbox. bucket seats in the front, gti interior and 8" momo steering wheel.

electric window conversion, i have evan gone to effort of making custom cluster using a map of wolfsberg factory.

coil overs all round.
    spent ages restoring it but i really need a car i dont have time anymore and i dont want to see the car go to waste.

2. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

if you have invested a good amount of time and money i think i would carry on and get it finished just to see the dream you started out with, but if your heart is not in it anymore then i am sure there are plenty of people looking out for their winter projects, a tough decision.

3. nickdrivergti Forum Member

it is. am after this 8v gti in atles gray 3 door for sale on pistonheads only wanting 700 for it and it is very straight car. so i am tempted to buy that go edition with it and sell the 1.6 as it is. but like you say there is all apart of you that wants live out its dreams.