Golf Mk2 Gti Vs Honda Crx vtec

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by ally, Nov 29, 2004.

1. VR6Will Forum Member

the crx will win! my mate had one, his was on 17s tho making it a little slower,but couldnt really shake him off in my mk1 2l 16v on 15s! my mk1 did beat it but i'd say your mk2 on 16s wont be as quick as the crx on 15s

2. ally Forum Member

I do have some 15's on my 8v i could swap over which might make a difference, what you recon??

cheers
    ally

3. Red_TN Forum Member

Lose the weight first!!!

Amazing whatthat does!

4. Claypole Forum Junkie

My cousin had a Vtec and it ran to something like 7500rpm and was a tad light so he'll probably paste you through the gears couple of gears I'd have said? :lol:

Never tried my 1.8 16V Corrado against it as I bought a VR6 shortly after he got it so there was no question of doubt... ;)

5. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Alby, its gonna be close. Very close.

6. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

i'd of thought a std mk2 gti should be nearly equal with one and a 160+ 2.0 should really beat him......

it might be a light car but the vtec is high up in the revs and they don't seem to do much without it, i've raced one with a claimed 180bhp, but take it as std, and beat it just- but this was in a starlet turbo, although 4 up with about a combined passenger weight of 50 stone while he was a small kid by himself in the rex, then he almost took us off the road.

also had a rumble with same rex in a mk3 astra sri and although ofc it got past- not very impressively......

vote golf! [:D]

7. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Make sure you drag till at least cough*100mph*cough.
    Private runway ofcourse! ;)

8. Nurburgring Forum Member

Latest rolling road session 185BHP 156lb ft in a stripped out mk2 btw.

you don't need 200BHP+ to beat a Type R - If they drop out of the VTEC Zone then theres nothing there - then you've got um!

My golf is noticibly quicker on the road than my mates Type R - Admittedly on a track (when the VTEC can be fully utilised) the Type R would have me.

PS. All MK1 and MK2 Golfs are ALMIGHTY!!!!

9. ally Forum Member

Alot of opinions so far, some saying the rex and some saying the golf, only way to find out is for me to try it out..!
    I'm hoping to improve the golf more but waiting to be paid so that i can do that.

cheers
    ally
    Edited by: ally

10. bubba_2_k Forum Member

your under the false elousion (sp) like most r that vtec engines are all top end im part of a club with load of hondas in it and there are guys with type rs (civic, and intergra which are running 180+ lbs/ft torque) and a ctr or itr would blitz a gti 16v with 165 bhp
    Edited by: bubba_2_k

11. superden Forum Addict

My dick is bigger than your dick - nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah [:s]

12. bubba_2_k Forum Member

just stating a fact ;)

13. ally Forum Member

This race will only probably go up to about 80mph to see who has the better car, and as most people say there power is top end on the crx, it might not help it.

ally

14. superden Forum Addict

Yes, but its quicker ... so what ? I still wouldnt own a Honda ...
    Edited by: superden

15. bubba_2_k Forum Member

it will be pritty even at the bottom of first but he will pulll on u at the top of 1st as k u will change earlier, i say he beats by a bout a cars length

16. bubba_2_k Forum Member

well i would cause they are fast and are cool done jdm style

17. superden Forum Addict

Its all about personal preference. Jap cars look sh*t in my opinion. But not in yours.

18. bubba_2_k Forum Member

;) agreed well only some jap cars i hate ftos for example

19. MK3_GPP Forum Member

I love the CRX excellent cars, always wanted one [:D]

It will be a very close race, my money will probably be on the CRX if its just a straight up to 80mph though

20. MK3_GPP Forum Member

Do you own that MK1, vw_singh ?? the one on the right ?

[​IMG]