Golf Mk7 Leaked Images

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by Deako, Oct 5, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

OYY9CGG - whay sort of a numberplate is that then? I think Autoexpress is ****ing in the wind.

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

As stated, they are photoshops of current models. However, they have based the photoshop on the moulding on the video (for which a picture can be seen following the link) and also, there have been Mk7 test mules at the 'Ring already, under Mk5.5/Mk6 skins. But with a wider track.

3. Dubmeister1997 Forum Member

I think it's funny how the wheels in the second photo look so much different to the first when it is stationary!

4. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

Special stealth transformer design ones..:thumbup: :lol:

5. thegave Forum Member

It was a toddler-friendly cube with curved edges. Then the Mk4 turned into those weird Duplo blocks that are meant to be square but totally round at the corners.

But ^^^^ that. That reminds me of the first generation Multipla, but without the novelty factor.

6. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Test mules...precisely why they can`t possibly know what the new car will look like...

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but that`s the whole point in manufacturers using current models to test forthcoming running gear.

Mask it up with odd panels, and it keeps everyone guessing.

Autoexpress seem to be the only people in the media that can`t see it for what it is and jump in with their `interpretation` of what these mules will transform into, whilst all the while the manufacturers are p*ssing themselves knowing they`ve achieved what they wanted...

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

The test mule wasnt in disguise. It was a Mk7 chassis under a Mk6 shell.

8. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Even more supposition from Autoexpress then...

9. prof Forum Addict

My mate does the photoshops, He's a car designer and is pretty clued in. But it is always just informed guesswork

10. robertGTi3

robertGTi3 Forum Member

11. fast fred New Member

hope it dont look like that. bloody ugly from the front. the back and side profile looks ok though, will just encourage ppl to drive them faster so ppl dont see the front. im all up for a car that encougages fast driving hehe

12. foRSter New Member

kind of just looks like another facelift.

13. gillm

gillm ***** User

looks ok . is this what is replacing the mk5 when it comes out luke ?

14. Ade88-16v Paid Member Paid Member

It's going to be 007's daily,can't you tell...........

The roating number plate and twin rear guns that fool you into thinking that there exhaust tail pipes is a bit old skool really but a nice touch on the 'transformer'alloys is something new.....:lol: :lol:

15. Ian Mk5 GTi New Member

I went into Colbournes VW in Guildford yesterday to test drive a mk6 GTi. I told him I was thinking of holding out for the Mark 7 due next year, and he told me the whole range is unlikely to hit us until 2014! He said there is no way VW would allow the MK 6 to only last 3 years. I told him the Mk6 was only really a heavy facelift of the Mk5 to prevent sales dropping whilst VWG prepare the Mark 7 on the MQB platform. He got very shirty, and started banging on about the Mk6 being a completely new car!!!!

I then got in a lovely black 3 door mk6 GTi with Monza shadows (exactly the same as on my mark 5) and guess what? The interior was exactly the same as my Mk5. And the chassis is exactly the same as my mark 5. "I thought you said this was a completely new car" I said. "Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it" came the reply. Completely new car, my ****.

Test driving it this arvo, will let you know if I can spot the difference.

16. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

17. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

A modular engine?[:s]

18. retrowhore Forum Member

With you there :thumbup::clap:

19. retrowhore Forum Member

To give Auto Express a fair hearing they do pay the worlds top spy photographers to grab images of the cars to base their Photoshops upon.

I don't see this as being that wide of the mark. Its slightly more pointy but just as dull and 'fitting' as the last 4 models. VW models have become so consumed with careful evolutionary changed there are no revolutionary designs anymore.

Much like the Porsche range. That is why I stopped bothering with the 911. Great car, gets better all the time apparently. So why do I long for a Singer 911 and not the latest Turbo?

Soul is forgotten.

20. retrowhore Forum Member

Just read the technical article and it's even worse than ever.

VW have been messing with the 'modular platform' since the early 90's using Mk2 parts on a custom chassis for the Vario I and II concept cars.

Both were touted as 'lifestyle vehicles'. Nobody got it. Nobody cared. The cars were ugly, characterless and a bit dull to drive.

[​IMG]
    Vario I

[​IMG]
    Vario II

People don't care about how clever you were in making it, just how it looks and drives. An engineer will appreciate the technicalities, a designer the concept but a housewife will be more concerned with the heated seats, Bluetooth, interior mirror and boot threshold height.

I spent 15yrs working for VW,Audi and Mercedes and can honestly say that something has been lost.