Golf Plus - passenger side door wont lock

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by Mikey, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Mikey Forum Member

Dads 56 Plate 1.9 TDI Golf Plus & he has been having a few issues locking the passenger side door
    It wont lock with the remote key or by using the key in the drivers side exterior lock hole. Sometimes it will lock using the fob but 98% of the time it wont
    Did a vag com scan & it came up with the following:

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 1K0-959-702-MIN2.lbl
    Part No: 1K0 959 702 K (this comes up as the electric window part number I think??!)

2 Faults Found:
    01553 - Motor for Central Locking; Passenger Door (V57); Lock
    012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
    00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
    008 - Implausible Signal

Incidentally a few months back when I got vcds I did a scan since sometimes the passenger side wouldnt always unlock from the outside & it came up with these faults:
    2 Faults Found:
    01553 - Motor for Central Locking; Passenger Door (V57); Lock
    012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent
    00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
    008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

So it seems an intermittent fault has developed into a component failiure?

When I press the fob to unlock or lock I can hear something clicking inside (if I put my ear next to the door lock/lever position) which makes me thing the wiring is fine? I didnt attempt to look at the rubber bellows between door hinge & body for fear of damaging something

At the moment the door is locked by inserting a key into the hole at the doors edge & pressing the red lever towards the front. Trouble is this has to be done every time the passenger door is used

Does this sound like a door lock issue & could anyone give me any tips/part nos & guides please?
    Is it a case of removing the outer door panel as shown here

Can somebody confirm the part no please - from my searches it comes up as 3D2837015K

Is it best to get a new genuine one & any decent suppliers & costs please?

Cheers for any help