golf tdi mk4 engine swap advice needed please

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by smithy gt tdi, Jun 6, 2007.

1. smithy gt tdi New Member

hi there ive got a x reg gt tdi 115bhp ajm engine code, the bottom end has blown so im putting another complete engine in but its out of a 130bhp ahn code so what will i have to change to get it to run in mine ok? its coming with mounts ecu loom pipes etc so should have all the bits i think
    any help please :)

2. Seraph Banned

the bottom end blew!!?, what did you do, run it with no oil!?

id imagine the swap should be fairly straight forward

speak to Crispy8v who's transplanted the same engine before

3. smithy gt tdi New Member

cheers il try and get in contact with him,the oil pick up in the sump got blocked, ive been told by a mate il need to change the injecter pump off of my engine on to it to make it run,is this correct?

4. Seraph Banned

if you're changing the entire lump, cant see any need to change individual components

5. prof Forum Addict

you need the whole 130 engine ecu etc and get revo or someone to remove the keycoding requirement

6. smithy gt tdi New Member

hi prof excuse me mate but im not overly mechanically minded,so basically if i change the ecu il need it re coding to start up??
    cheers

7. Seraph Banned

what he's saying is, you need to stick the whole lump in - everything - theres no reason not too. Should alot less work for you too.

8. smithy gt tdi New Member

right thanks for all the replys picking new lump up today and going to get it in tomorow should be easier than i thought
    cheers adam

9. Supercharged Forum Member

How did the oil pickup get blocked?? (IE what with)

Maybe an idea to get the ignition barrel / reader coil etc off the donor so you don't need to remove the coding... *then again remap is not a bad idea on the 130!

10. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

on mk 4's the immobiliser is sored in the dash pod, something Adam already has, fitting all the engine wiring, with the ECU should be OK. I the set up if the same from the 115-130 as there both PD units
    just plugging the ECU in will throw up a fault ' Engine control module not adapted to immobiliser' but I have found them to run

has the pick up pipe been blocked up bits of metal? and it been sounding more knocky of late??

11. smithy gt tdi New Member

hi there,i bought the car with a knackered turbo i fitted a new one ran it for a day and was sound then the day after it went bang,instead of rushing it i should of took the sump off and had a look for the old bits of turbo bearings etc,resulting in me now paying out 500 for a secondhand engine,ive got the engine in today and was hoping not to change the loom but the plugs are different on it but it doesnt seem that bad to change,so thats next. then with a bit of luck should fire up,i didnt get the ignition key chip thingy with the engine so if i run my old existing ecu it should start up am i right???
    p.s thanks for the replys lads youve all been great so far ,cheers adam

12. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

the only thing I'm not certain on is the engine wiring - the ECU, there might be a wire or different postioned and of course is thats ok the map will be different

13. dubshack New Member

if you need the ecu immobiliser removing let us know