Good cv joint brands mk3 golf vento gti 16v that are still available october 2020

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by mrgr_18, Oct 13, 2020.

1. mrgr_18 Forum Member

Hi all

Just after some advice on what's a good cv joint brand that I can still get for mk3 golf gti 16v running gear. Just done an engine swap and the only ones I could get in a hurry were q drive ones on the cheap. Had to get it out of my mates garage so he could get back to work. The quality ain't great so was looking to get some new ones. Both inner and outer. Unfortunately the originals were stuck in the hubs and stripped the threads getting them out.

I'll take any recommendations on where to source as well.

Drive shafts are fine, I'm gonna try my luck with tps and dealer but I reckon they will be expensive. Will report back when I've had a chance to phone them

Thanks in advance

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

I don't think you can go wrong with SKF if you can get them, I've used them over the years and haven't had a problem

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

aye SKF, FAG and genuine

4. mrgr_18 Forum Member

Cheers guys. Like I say those q drive ones really didn't inspire joy. Wouldn't recommend unless it's urgent and even then just as a temp solution.

5. mrgr_18 Forum Member

Still have not phoned tps been up the wall but can get skf ones on auto doc for not an offensive amount