got ne ideas?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by sheepy1.3, Oct 27, 2003.

1. sheepy1.3 New Member

right i've got a mk2 1.3 with a modded exhaust on it! its got a gti mid box and an emma special oval upswept as the back box and as you can imagine i have a shead load of spacers and stuff cause the pipes don't match in size!!! the problem i'm having is that the boxes combined are too heavy for my down pipe which keeps breaking and since its been fitted i've gone through 1x exhaust manifold, the down pipe has gone 2-3 times and is now half golf pipe and the other half is from a v8 daimler. my exhaust is constantly blowin and is starting to really get on my tits!!! has anybody got any suggestions as to how i can strengthen the down pipe to stop it breaking and blowing??

2. jprocter Forum Member

Why not put a 1.8 manifold on it and then put any exhaust u want on it?

Cheers

3. sheepy1.3 New Member

will a 1.8 manifold fit my engine?

4. MotorcyclesFish Forum Member

dunno, fit a 1.8 engine, see if that mates up ok ;)

5. jprocter Forum Member

erm i think so (well they fit a 1.6) if so it makes it have a gti zorst dia. then you can fit any aftermarket gti zorst.

THink im right if not im sure ill b told [:s]

6. drew Forum Member

No.

You should have the exhaust hung correctly below the car with hangers along the length of it. If it is putting too much strain on the downpipe you don't have enough hangers! Get some 'chained' rubbers to support it.

Cheers,

Drew.

7. sheepy1.3 New Member

drew have already got it supported by a bracket near the end of the down pipe and also have about 3-4 rubber loop things in a few different areas along it they haven't really made much difference but thanx for the advice!!