Gran Turismo 4: Prologue

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Yorkie, May 29, 2004.

1. Yorkie Forum Member

I just got my copy this morning, and I've got to say that it's a lot better than GT3. The audio and visual effects have all improved IMO, and more importantly there is a greater sense of speed when driving, and the handling seems more releastic than from previous versions. Well done to PD, I can't wait for Gran Turismo 4 in Novmeber.

Does anyone else have a copy? And how do you compare it to GT3?

Cheers

Jamie

2. alunwm Forum Member

This is what I think

It should have been free.

+Improved graphics
    +Nicer replays
    - no option to configure controller
    - no point to game
    - mine keeps glitching and ploughing me straight on with no steering, brakes, or throttle
    - cant tune cars
    - gearchange between 1st and 2nd is far too slow

I only hope they sort this out B4 the "proper" release

As a stand alone comparison to GT3, its not fit to wipe its arse.

3. Nordoff Forum Junkie

It's not full price either but if you want an advantage when it comes out it's worth it.
    (Especially that italian track)

4. GTi69 Forum Member

A waste of 25 imo, bought it yesterday and now i wish i hadn't of bothered.

5. Yorkie Forum Member

I only brought it for 18 from play.com, and I really enjoyed playing it. I just love that Italian circuit, it's mad driving through those narrow streets with only inches either side of your car, as the back end fish tails under heavy breaking........sure it's only a taster of things to come, but now I really can't wait.

Massive improvement on GT3 :clap:

Cheers

Jamie

6. Guests Banned

I agree but then there are some good points like the driving school ( hope this will be a crossover for licences in the real version but on the other hand whats with the 10 penalty when you smack a wall