greenlight

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by 964russ, Nov 19, 2013.

1. 964russ New Member

Needed ins for my liccle caddy van.
    Greenlight where very helpful and cheaps!
    Under 300.

Happy days.

Tony@Greenlight likes this.
  2. Rooster

Rooster Paid Member Paid Member

Likewise 249 for an abf'd 16v with no no claims as it's used on my daily - good helpful staff and I'm not on commission:thumbup:

3. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Anyone insured a Mk4 with them? HIC are great on my Mk2, useless on a Mk4 :(

4. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

Easy answer - ask for a quote, it's free to ask....

5. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I'm yet to buy one so quotes aren't really an option just yet

6. DEX

When I was looking to get a hairdresser's car I wanted to check up on the UK/Import differences with insurance, as well as differences with different engine sizes and specs. I spent 45 mins on the phone to Greenlight - I told them right at the start I hadn't bought a car and they were more than happy to go through prices for all the different possible options.

Since insurance is so different for different people and their requirements there is no way to compare unless you give them a shout :thumbup:

(Or - get in touch in their section on the forum and they'll phone you back)

Tony@Greenlight and 1990 like this.
  7. mc_hawkings24 Forum Member

I just had a quote from greenlight on a mirror policy so I can use my no-claims on two cars apparently.
    All mods declared 299 on a 5,000mile policy and thats cheaper than my renewal which is down as a standard car for 360. How did you get yours 249 rooster? thats damn cheap considering I thought mine was cheap lol.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  8. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

Would'nt give me a quote on my mk2 20v 39 years of age 21 years no claims a big thumbs down :thumbd:

9. aminder

aminder CGTI Committee - Webmaster Staff Member Admin

I insured the Golf (all mods) for a little over 300 and great service, also been told any cosmetics mods I declare won't effect the premium as it's all based on the ponys your car outputs.

10. nut 20v

The under writer would'nt touch me took him all of 15 seconds to say NO!

11. aminder

aminder CGTI Committee - Webmaster Staff Member Admin

I had that when first trying to insure my 306 - years ago! Remember just having the phone put down on me! [:x]

12. DEX

Did they give a reason? Maybe location or points/convictions?

Greenlight blew every other insurance company I tried completely out of the water with the quote, cover and the excellent level of service.

13. nut 20v

Yes the reason was I owned a lupo for the 2 years I've built my golf this then means I have no experience driving fast cars.

14. Tony@Greenlight

Tony@Greenlight Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Hi Nut 20v,

We're grateful for the opportunity to help and do make every effort to find a competitive option for every applicant, so i'm sorry to hear that we were unable to help this on this occasion :(

We can cover the model and would be able to cover a MK2 20v T converted model for you without recent performance driving experience, or bespoke referral to Underwriters if its BHP is up to 180bhp.

Unfortunately with the BHP you're aiming for being way higher than 180BHP (beyond even E46 M3 and Aston Martin V8 Vantage territory) and with the Lupo you mentioned being your only recent driving experience we had been unable to help on this occasion.

Our products are competitive and packed with relevant features such as like-for-like replacement of modified cars, track cover and agreed value options, but are focussed around progressive driving experience.

Hopefully this post helps to explain that we'd be willing (and able) to cover a MK2 20vT Golf modified to 180bhp for you, but with the huge disparity between the Lupo and your Golf's BHP it's regrettably several steps too far for us right now.

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. Once you've owned and Insured the vehicle in your own name for 12 months or more, you'll be receiving a further discount of between 10-25% (varies between Underwriters and products, but is currently at least 10%) in addition to your NCB discount to reflect ownership/experience.