GT Tdi150 BLACK SMOKE

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by Cable, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

a full set of seals inc copper washer is about 25 a set! I've had many out over the years without much issues with these PD injectors. the tolerences are more refined

2. Cable New Member

Thanks for the advise guys but they have finally sorted it.:)

Just picked it up and its back to driving fine. They said the injector wiring plug had loose pins and now fixed that problem so no misfire and no esp light.

Having been driving it around, it also looks like the black smoke has stopped, so no soot trials left on the road :p It looks like the last garage who had the injectors out either didn't put them in correctly or reused the old seals.

I am still going to get the ecu checked to ensure it is running at factory set values. As that is worrying me.

Only problem I now have is now that the black smoke has stopped, I can now see hazy blue smoke on very hard acceleration or start up when cold or hot. Its not really bad but I would like to know if it is an engine fault or turbo fault. [:^(]

Any ideas on how to check?

3. Eggs New Member

i think blue smoke is when the engine is burning oil?

4. garnetteyes Forum Member

Does it run on at all?

5. Cable New Member

Sorry, what do you mean if it runs on?