GT5 - So what do we think?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by PeeJay, Dec 7, 2010.

1. andypaterson Forum Member

I think the cars feel fast, but i always use the bumper cam which is very low so amplifies the impression of speed. Whenever i see the game played on chase cam it looks and feels really sluggish!

2. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Christ I thought the Elise was **** easy, also I'm running the Veyron, with TSC turned down to 1, and ABS up to 3, and I though it was brill, you just can't give it full throttle everywhere.

I used this setting on the Rally Challenges, and the again were **** easy.

I personally think its great they have used some the same tracks, that you know, I don't think it would be a GT game without them.

3. andypaterson Forum Member

I agree, i did the Elise on the 4th or 5th go i think? I'd heard a load of fuss about it beforehand, stories of people launching controllers in frustration! Don't know what all the fuss is about :thumbup:

4. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Mine is mounted on the desk so i cant pull it off thankfully, However i cant do the Elise one[:x]

5. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Pretty bored of it now tbh, done all but the all-starts and historic races and should unlock the extreme section next time I play, but it's become pretty repetitive, can't understand why the Polyphonic digital cup is at level 19 series? Tbh by the tine I got to it all my cars were pretty highly tuned and even my '98 Subaru was so much faster than the AI cars it was boring.

Just hit a mill in credits, avoiding the urge to buy an Mc F1 and pushing into a formula one car, but I fancy once I'm recovered from surgery I won't play it again, still give it 20 years or so and GT6 will be 'coming out soon'.

6. BURNI

BURNI Forum Member

For the Elise challenge Matt turn the abs up a bit stops the car becoming unstable under braking, all over aids are off :thumbup:

As for me loving the game level 27 a spec and 25 b spec, as a tip try doin some b spec guys the cars you win for the events are far better than the a spec prizes.

7. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Two goes...and I turned the playstation off in a huff:lol: not much patience me!

8. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I was winning and got DQ'd on the last corner! Then i turned it off![:x]

9. andypaterson Forum Member

Holy crap! A 3.49 at the Nurburgring Nordschleife lap in a Red Bull X1 Prototype :

[YOUTUBE]YcciXJ1Y0TI[/YOUTUBE]

10. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Christ that looks fast, but you have to ask yourself, how on earth can anybody react that fast!!!!!!!

Anyway tried the B-Spec for a got a Civic Type R, for completing the FR Cup, that could have come in usefull, earlier on in the A Spec

Edit. Done quite a few races on b-spec, thing I've noticed is that the cars you get are of a higher standard or tuned versions of the ones you get in A-Spec

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  11. BURNI

BURNI Forum Member

A very usefull unlock in b spec is the Mazda mx5 na race you win the Mazda furia concept car, stick a big turbo on it higher the downforce to full and put racing soft tyres on it goes like a rocket and very usefull for some a spec and b spec races, not used it for a while as I have a couple of race cars now but think it's 700 odd bhp with turbo and only weights 675 kg...

12. squidlegs Forum Member

That video actually puts into perspective as to why they stop F1 cars from going that fast. Imagine racing at those speeds with ~20 other cars on track - imagine Kamui Kobayashi racing one of those!

Can't wait to get this game, this last month with having people saying how amazing it is sucks.

13. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

See I think that video shows why this game isnt that great, totally unrealistic and for a game that calls it self a sim they just shouldnt have driving physics that allow that. Iv got totally bored of progressing throu the game now so Im just gona keep playing with the road cars Iv bought in free practice and hope for some UK tracks one day.

14. strimmer Forum Member

Hardly a downfall of this game, that may be unreliastic but a bit unfair to the dynamics of the rest of the game. Some very clever engineers have designed the car and then some more ingenious chaps wired it into a driving sim to display a what if scenario of driving without some cool suit like Clint Eastwood had in Firefox to combat the intense G forces its all just fantasy, but if you don't want it you don't have to buy the car.

I'm sure none of us alive could really drive that way, marvelling at how this guy has been able to pick his braking point from 444mph in 7th gear drop down to 160'ish in 2nd :lol: and

Is the online play any good, I've not ventured out there...maybe there a good place to go when it all gets boring :thumbup:

15. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I am referring to the dynamics of the whole game, for the normal fast road car I think its pretty good, but even with all aids off I can still drive a rwd 1000hp race car flat out far to easily, Im sure it should be much harder but I do get why they have to do it, people want to drive these fast cars and people dont want to suck at it....

16. squidlegs Forum Member

444kph = 275.8mph :lol::lol::thumbup: