GTA: SA - how far are you now?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by mk1Matt, Nov 12, 2004.

1. mk1Matt Forum Member

Not had this one for a few days so I thought I'd find out how everyone is doing.

I'm at 24.86%. Just finished the 2 Badlands street racing missions. Got over a million in the bank (thank you Inside Track Betting... ;) ) and about 7 or 8 safe houses. Got 50% Driving, Cycling and Bike skill, full muscle and stamina, and about 50% skill on both weapons. Oh yeah, I got a huge afro as well [:D]

I'm quite chuffed with my progress really, considering the game time meter is showing just over 15 hours, a fair chunk of which is just driving round for the hell of it.

How are the rest of you doing?

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

bugger all, i don't play it for days at a time and i dunno why.

plus i'm getting disc read errors now! [:^(]

3. mk1Matt Forum Member

Yeah I got a few errors. Thought it was just me!

4. Guests Banned

i have got about 23% now. dunno how you got all that cash i only have 10k [:$]

i havent cheated once either not even the slightest

nearly passed out when i found out how much more i have to do [:^(]

i put in 10 hours yesterday alone.....mind you 3 people playing and a fair few spliffs in between missions :lol:

5. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Tried swimming across to another area of the city the other day.
    Instant 4 stars, which was fun.

6. superden Forum Addict

I dont know the percentage - but I`m in San Fierro and I just killed a building site foreman by burying him under cement in a portaloo. Which was, I have to say, really quite satisfying.

[:D]

7. Red_TN Forum Member

Yeh, im getting a shed load of disk read errors and making the ps2 make all funny noises. Is p****** me off!

But im 32% done, and stuck on one mission, and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

8. mk1Matt Forum Member

Save the game, then go to the betting shop. Drop all your cash on the long shot, and see if you win. If you don't, revert back to the saved game and try again. Keep doing this until you're seriously loaded, then you can buy up all the safehouses, and blow loads on guns & prostitutes...like real life... ;)

9. Guests Banned

where is the betting shop....i heard that way of doing it but i cant be assed if its miles from a save point :lol:

10. mk1Matt Forum Member

Directly below the big intersection in Downtown. It's listed on the paper map you get with the game. There's a few save points within a minute's drive.

Trust me, it's worth the hassle.

11. Admin Guest

not very far :lol: [:$] started on wednesday and had to restart as i fcked up really badly, [:$] [:^(]

disc errors don't sound good [:s] [xx(] but it is a massive game and constant use onthe ps2 ain't going to help.

12. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

i've just been reuniting the families.

13. Red_TN Forum Member

Had to stop playing. Disc wont load, and it if doest he ps2 is all the time clicking and making noises, it dont sound good!

Not risking messing my ps2 up for the game!

14. pictonroad Forum Member

I'm getting a bit peed off with it tbh, it's just too big, takes ages to drive anywhere. Particularly bad if you die on a mission andhave to drive from the hospital to the middle of nowhere.

Simply not worth going anywhere not fully tooled and armoured.

Monster truck speeds up progress though, driving over cars and 4 wheel steer.

Does anyoneknow if you can lose muscle, my housemate made him massive and he looks stupid [:s]

15. mk1Matt Forum Member

Where did you get the monster truck from? Not seen one yet.

16. pictonroad Forum Member

win the 8 track race in Los Santos

17. scottgroovez Forum Member

I've just done "Air Raid" the one where you have to gun down the model aeroplanes, what a swine of a mission. Hardest one so far [:s]

18. Guests Banned

yeah im on that one now......fecking hard!!! [:x]

19. darnold4 Forum Member

skipped air raid....

too damn annoying at the mo; I'll do it later.

but my three most memorable recent mission completions are:

steal a Jet Pack from Area 69

steal a Sea Harrier ("Hydra" in the game) from Easter Bay Naval Base

Do a hit in Marco's Bistro in Liberty City!!!!

I sh1t you not.

The sea harrier is a bit of a female dog; rotate the nozzles down and it's sort of like a helicopter, rotate them back up it behaves like any other plane in the game.

there's nothing quite like an aerial dogfight to get the adrenaline flowing.

HOW did they do it? there's just too much in this game...

and only 54.55% so far!!!!!

[:D] [:D] [:D]

20. 1ST_DUB Forum Member

I've tried like 50 times to do this mission.....i started getting headaches because i was getting so streesed. Theres hard missions and theres very hard missions but this just takes the biscuit. I skipped it and im still 50ish% through. Luckily Zero's missions arn't progress related.

Also i hated trying to get my pilots liscense with Toreno ringing me up every two minutes to hurry me up. Took me two days till i finally got passed it [:x]