GTI Anniversary Or R32

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by ascari22, May 7, 2009.

1. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Me three:thumbup:

2. Admin Guest

blah blah blah, any one who walks in to buying a car and doesn't think of the running costs is a fool.

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Dont ****ing blah blah blah me. Yes, anyone that buys a car and doesnt consider running costs is a fool. But suggesting mental road cars is also ****ing stupid too. We all know you can get a beast of a car for 13k.

4. Admin Guest

did it need pointing out?

No it didn't.

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

are you on your man period?? :p :lol:

are S4 really that dear to run? servicing must be dearer for obv reasons, and mpg can't be great i suppose

6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Yes it does when everyone jumps on the "Look what you can get for that much money" bandwagon.

7. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

You don't need 13k either. My Supra is mental and it was about the same price as a decent GTi Mk2. Running costs on it aren't cheap but parts are still fairly priced on them so it's a pretty good buy for what you get.

8. Admin Guest

I forgot we could only look at golfs.....[:[]

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

lolz @ this thread

ive been eye-spying audi s4 2.7 v6s on ebay. cheapy mc-cheap. le golf still has a purpose for me so itll be staying, but yeah... there are some great great cars out there for not a lot of money

10. ascari22 New Member

I thought I'd post on this fortum as I was looking for a GTI or R32.... Appreciate the opinions of others but didn't think it would start such a debate.... Sure there are some decent cars out there for 13k.... could even get a Seat Leon K1 for that money or an S4 V8.... but its the GTI or R32 that really caught my attention

11. azur Forum Member

yeah they are well cheap are the mo. great cars. Has anyone mentioned running costs? :lol: [:D] [8(]

I know a guy who has one... he gets 18 mpg. so instead of spending 20 quid a week on fuel you are spending 40.. so thats another 1000+ a year. then your having to fork out another 500 a year insurance. Suppose thats not too bad for a nice car... problem is his spends most of the time in a garage... aka renault clio stylee