guess what? vr6 broken again :(

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by AndrewF, Jan 31, 2005.

1. AndrewF Forum Addict

ok, let me set the scene...after months of problems the vr6 was finally running fonr about 6 weeks ago, except for a really bad gearbxo whine. as the tax was about to run out i thought i'll take it off the road and get my spare gearbox rebuilt...didn't wanna have the current one implode on me.

anyways, as i say it was working great, engine wise at least.

however, went to start it the other day, started fine (although a little clattery, but thats to be expected if its not been started in a while)...ideled fine for a few mins, then, all of a sudden it started misfiring really badly. it then cut out and won't restart. grrrr!

a mate disconnected the leads from the coilpack and there was very little, if any, spark there. he also had plugged a multimeter into the wiring harness that connects to the coilpack and didn't appear to be getting a reading.

anyone had anything similar? any ideas?

2. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

No ideas mate about the engine, but hoping to have the box ready for the weekend mate.
    Will have a new selector mech on it, diff seals, input shaft seal and selector levers inside. Fingers crossed mate :p

3. AndrewF Forum Addict

well, at least thats one bit of good news.

4. S1MMA Forum Member

unlucky mate, hope u get it sorted soon