Guide to rewire Mk2 16v

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Ecurie Ecosse, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Ecurie Ecosse Forum Member

Hi Guys

The 1991 16v I had just bought doesn't start.

It had a Metasystems M99T2 alarm and immobiliser system, and the previous owner thinks that the immobiliser may be causing it not to start.

The previous owner put it into a small garage to try to fix it, but they seem to have hacked about with the electrics to no avail.

We have now removed the old alarm and immobiliser, and are seeking to rewire the car properly.

I have the Haines and Bentley manuals, and have done some searches, but I haven't come across and "How To" rewiring guide.

Does such a thing exist? If so, please can you point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

2. danster Forum Addict

3. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

It's mechanical injection, there's only 3 wires you need to worry about [:p]

4. Ecurie Ecosse Forum Member

Wow - that looks spot on.

Many thanks for your prompt responses!

5. neil kaye Forum Junkie

some pictures of the wires where you have removed the immobiliser from would be good
    normally an immobiliser has pairs of wires and will be fit by cutting the origonal wires in the car and split between the pair,eg the ign coil feed ,this will be a black wire from the ign switch to the fusebox before it goes to the coil,some where along that wire it will be cut and one wire from the pair will go to one side of the cut ign wire and the other side of the pair will go to the other side of the ign wire
    if you were to take the immobiliser out and not re-join this ign wire it wont start

only wires i can think of that the immo would go through are the ign coil wire black,starter solenoid red/black,main feed wire to ign switch red wire and maybe fuel pump trigger red/yellow wire,all maybe cut around the top of fuse box on the way up to the ign barrel

6. Ecurie Ecosse Forum Member

Many thanks for that.

I will take some pics when I am next out at the car.