GVKs Scirocco GT TDI NAV

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by GVK, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I see it on vans in work, if starting takes a big hit out of the battery, even though it might start, a warning light or 3 could come on.

Especially in the colder weather of late.

GVK likes this.
  2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Gave the Scirocco a bit of a service today. Oil & filter, fuel filter, front pads, aux. drive belt as I've seen what a mess they can do if they fail and go inside the cam belt cover. The Starline front anti roll bar links I fitted last year are both shot so bought a couple from local motor factors and lobbed them on , I say that but we had to cut the top nuts off again with a grinder!

Had a remap from M17 performance recently, up to 180bhp/400nm. Goes well but I think it may have had an ecomap on before judging by the flash counts.

3. GVK

Since the weather has changed car has also been struggling on cranking especially if i've not driven the car for a day, so I've fitted new battery, hopefully that will stop the ESP warning! Yuasa 096 from Halfords £109.99 FFS! Can't think the last time I bought a battery, when did they get so expensive?

4. GVK

Hi guys, as title Scirocco CR140 fuel pressure fluctuating on live data jumping from 200-400bar at idle.

Had a fuel pressure regulation fault code (edit P1065) which I deleted and didn't save (schoolboy error!) but regardless of that the engine is running rough , especially when cold, it surges on accel. for the 1st couple of miles or so in a journey. Even when hot the idle is 'stumbly'.

I'm dreading it needs a HPFP as they are about a grand UKP, but I did some Googling at found it could be the fuel pressure regulator thats fitted to one end of the common rail. Darkside developments sell these for £175.

I've got no means of doing a leak off check on the injectors.

Of course the more I Google the more I see doom and gloom of pump failure, swarf blocking up the injectors etc.

Anyone else had a similar issure and what was the cure?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  5. GVK

Fixed by the fuel pressure regulator that is in the end of the common rail 057 130 764 H - Got a Bosch part from Darkside developments for £174, apparently over £300 from VW!

We were able to fit it without removing the common rail need a 30mm and 32mm open ended spanner to fit, had to remove the wiring loom from injectors and glo-plugs etc and remove a couple of clamps on top of the inlet.

6. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

I like an easier fix. I do like the Scirrocco, but the GF doesnt. Great looking car in my eyes. If I didn't have a Corrado I would probably have bought one by now.

GVK likes this.
  7. GVK

Easy fix for the win!

8. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Darkside appears to be the real deal in fairness.

GVK likes this.