H I C

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Captain Oates, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Captain Oates Forum Member

Has anyone got through to these muppets successfully recently, I have been trying to change my reg no details for 3 weeks but every time I try to call I'm either on hold for ages or the automated system cuts you off, yesterday tried at least 4 different options on the automated system and each time got cut off, then went through as a new customer wanting a quote got straight through then (quelle suprise), told the guy what I wanted who put me through to admin who then cut me off again.

If anyone on here works for HIC, sort the phone system out FFS If I get stopped by the police I'll have some fast talking to do

2. superden Forum Addict

When I took out my policy with them they got a few details wrong [:x]

I phoned and they had the new documents out within a week [:D]

Waiting on the phone is a pain though [xx(]
    Edited by: superden

3. Yorkie Forum Member

You could have written to them telling them of the changes. I know you shouldn't have to, but at least it covers your ar$e if plod pull you over.

Cheers

Jamie

4. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Heh, we've had quite a few threads complaining about HIC lately. I'm with HIC and know exactly what it is like. They seem to have good and bad periods. Or should I say... extremely bad and not quite so bad periods...

I do certainly understand that they're busy people and, being extremely cheap as they are, they probably could never afford to take on extra staff.

If only they would have a better phone system that never cut you off, and if only they would replace that bloody woman who answers the phone every two minutes with someone who serves a useful purpose instead.

Just keep trying. The much cheapness insurance makes it worthwhile. In the meantime, the suggestion about writing to them is a very good one.