"Hej" from Sweden

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by snozan, Apr 27, 2015.

1. snozan Forum Member

Never thought about it. Maybe because, who would be intressted :p

But after daved ordered me to say hello, well this it is me saying hello!

I Stumble upon this forum maninly because i needed a coolant hoose to my ABF. A friend told me "if you want to search for ABF parets, search in UK, it's ABF heaven". And i did and i found my coolant hoose [:D]

So you all figured out am driving a ABF at this point. I always wanted a GTI since i started driving Golf. My other MK3 got smashed when a lady decided to turn left without signal so i ran in to her. They refused to fix my car so it got "turned in" (dunno the correct word for it, but i got money for it instead). So at this point my dream was even closer (and the urge for a GTI grew stronger).

So i was kinda hooked up on the Colour Concepts. But at the same time i wanted the "real" MK3 GTI (16v). And one day a mail came, a guy wanted to sell his fathers GTI. He sent me pictures... Oh my, the ultimate combination: MK3 GTI 16v Colour Concept!

Had some discussions about the Colour Concept with some UK peeps. Trying to get them to understand. The Colcour Concept is was an option. In Sweden that option could only be bought to the 16v or Vr6 (and Vr6 Syncro). While rest of Europe it was for every model (actucally seen a 1,4 Colour Concept). Besides UK who only got it to 8v (if am correct?)

When i bought the car, it was in a kinda mess. Half styled (is that a english word?) and half OEM. The owner of the car was a 68 year old! Who didnt think a lowered car was cool, and a big exhaust.

So my goal with the car was to make it strictly OEM (when did you see a 16v pure OEM?) So vthe transformation began. I dont use any other parts then what VW supplied for it.

Everything was going smooth untill the day my fiancee got pregnant. and i was like "will the GTI fit for a small familiy". I got coold feets and bought us a MK3 Variant aswell, just to be sure. At the moment he's 5 months. When he turns 1 year we'll move into the 3 door 16v GTI and use that one as a familiy car. Why you may ask? Cos thats the funniest car i've driven. Can't have it standing there. I need to drive it. It was built to be driven, not stored.

Here's some new pictures of my car. And as a bonus daved, here's my thread on vwgolf.se ;) http://www.volkswagengolf.se/viewtopic.php?t=37878 And here's some other pictures: http://www.garaget.org/?car=327114

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

We'll look after you Pete.

Better than volkswagengolf.se look after me.:(

http://www.volkswagengolf.se/viewtopic.php?t=47138

Admin.
    Pete is to become a member. I will pay his first year's fee.:thumbup:

Can I just make another CGTI donation, as it is easy for me to do so?

PS. 'Dark Side' engines have far too many valves.lol

3. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome Pete. That's a nice mk3 you have.

Dave likes this.
  4. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Daved " the Darkside always has the best toys " lol

Welcome Pete

Dave likes this.
  5. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

Help Pete.

One car = En bill.
    Two cars = Tv billar
    The car = Billen
    The cars = Billerna?

What about: Two Saab 96s?
    Tv Saab 96ar?

6. snozan Forum Member

Thank you all :)

Almost right :p

Bil - bilen - bilarna

So with saab. It's two saabs 96. (saab, saabar saabarna)

Have to give you credit. Swedish is a really wierd language [:D]

I might have bought something that i dont need. Did your 20th Anniversarys (20 Jahre) come with the Nokia soundsystem? (like the rest of the "jubi" models did)?

Seems like i bought the gearknob and Nokia soundsystem console, i dont have a 20 Jahre [:D] So if i close the deal, i might sell it.

[​IMG]

7. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

8. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome to Club GTI :thumbup:

Your car looks great!!! Swedish colours as well :)

Dave, best way for membership is the link in my sig :thumbup:

Dave likes this.
  9. SimonG Forum Member

Welcome along mate. A fellow who has a passion for Mk3's and has knowledge about Anniversary models, good on you :thumbup:

Let me expand your Anniversary knowledge further lol UK models didn't have the Nokia system.

I would like to know what the standard UK stereo was?

10. Marty's Dub Forum Member

Vlkommen.

11. Buggirl

Buggirl Forum Member

Car is awesome!

12. snozan Forum Member

Oh yes, i had many wierd discussions about the 20 jahre (20th anniversary). One guy clamied the 16v model was only sold in UK and in 150 ex. Rest of Europe didn't get it. I've discussed about that they only made a total of 1000 "Annis" etc etc.

Well. the 20 jahre model got it's own version in UK (due to RHD). It's a light version of the "Jubi". Seem like you guys didn't get the Nokia DSP which is standard in the 20th Anniversary. (note how many different namnes i use for the same model ;)). Rest of Europe part from Austria got the 20 Jahre unlimited. You wanted one, you got one. And most popular was the TDI model due to gasoline prices. (Austria only got the TDI and was numbred with 400).

Had some UK peeps saying my Colour Concept is fake. That it didn't come in 16v. The Colour Concept wasn't a model. It was an option from dealer. In Sweden you only got this option to the 16v and Vr6 model, while rest of europe you could get it to every MK3 model you wanted.

The biggest and best and most complete knowledge bank of VW is this: http://www.doppel-wobber.de/forum/index.php?page=Portal

Alot of what i know, comes also from a friend i have. That work and lives in Wolfsburg (works at the VW factory). He told me, from his office he can see some containers, and inside them are prootype engines [:D])

Tack [:D]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  13. wideboy New Member

hello