Help fitting Mk2 seats to Mk1?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by montythemole, Nov 26, 2005.

1. retrodubber New Member

Dont listen to those guys who have whinged about you putting driver seats in, I think you've done a pretty good job and should be pleased with yourself, if your happy and feel that you've improved on what you had, then what else matters! Not everybody has thousands of pounds to spend on a luxury interior and i belive its the old skool D.I.Y 'ers that are keeping the true dub spirit alive, and that (to me anyway) is about being free and easy enough to just enjoy our cars in whichever way we feel that we want to!

No disrespect to those of you who dont like the driver interior, your entitiled to your opinion, above is just mine...after all we dont all like pink leather, or yellow suede, but if it makes you happy then who are we to argue!

The retro dubber.

P.S, perhaps you should write a guide on those sweet door cards Monty!

2. tuckshop Forum Member

yeah

but what about corrado rear seats in a mk1 golf..... watch this space!!! any help would be nice lol

3. Rodolfo Pereira New Member

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm having some doubts how to fit some recaro mk2 electric seats on a mk1 gti.

"Option 2: Try to swap the backs and seat belt points over so I can mount the the left seat on the right (if you see what I mean)?"

Is this option viable?

I read on VWVortex this comment on a similar thread : "I run mk2 recaros in my mk1. They work fine. The lever to slide the seats forward and back on the rails is on the other side, so the seats are switched. You have to swap the seat belts over to the other side. Pretty easy."

Could use some help!

Thanks