Help i have enough from Windows PCs > Apple ? or something else ?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by HPR, Jun 11, 2012.

1. HPR

HPR Administrator Admin

Im up to a point that i need a new PC, I do most Internet, email, pics, office
    All i want is something that is stable , reliable, and keeps upto
    speed , ( my experience is that it soon becomes a calc frame)
    And allows me to do what i want to do. work with it without/ little hassle

I had always Windows /IE PCs.. But i get really exhausted by the fact that it is running its own life.its a fight to keep it running ,.very soon it becomes slow / programs freeze, all sort conflicts .. today a sceen looks like this and tomorrow it looks again different, every day something else .Every now and then a new windows install ,etc
    Let me make it clear, im not a Microsoft fan.its never stable ..in XP i knew my way ,
    In Win 7 they put everything under the carpet, its all there but cant find it
    I have enough from this s**t

So i looked to Apple Imac ,at least it comes with OS Lion and Iwork /Ilife software that looks way easier to work with and very usefull and a real refreshment out of the boxand it all looks great ,
    The few people that i spoke that have an Apple where most positive
    Maybe it will anoy me too, sooner or later ?
    So i take that as a serious option besides my laptop on W7 premium

Now my PC man said ,why not go for a small busines server and run it under W7 Ultimate
    With a SSD for the Programs and 2 mirror HD for the data
    I like the idea on hardware but still doubt W7 ultimate as OS
    Other OS ?

So i look for some advice what options there are , Thanks

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I love my Apple tech. I have to support windows environments on a daily basis at work, and it's great to come home to a reliable device that works as it should.

Apples WWDC (Worldwide developer conference) was today. I just finished watching the live blog, and the new generation MacBook Pro is something else.

I honestly can't recommend the devices enough. Chris Eyre hates Apple, but is the first to admit that his crap windows laptops need rebuilding all the time. And won't think twice about spunking 700-800 on a crap windows laptop.

The Apple store will be back up a little later today, check out the new devices. Also, if you are interested in getting an Apple device a little cheaper, send me a PM. ;)

Oh, plug any external hdd in to an apple device and have the iMac/MacBook etc automatically set it up as a time machine backup device.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  3. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

If you are up for a bit of somthing differnent, try Ubuntu linux 64 bit. Ive got an installation of this on a seperate hard drive and its miles better and quicker than mircrosoft platform, hardly any viruses to speak of for it so no need for antivirus, doesnt need defragmenting and all software is free and is updated all the time. Downside is compatiblity (for obvious reasons) however ive got it installed on an IBM Thinkpad and the only thing that ive not got working yet is the fingerprint scanner, but other have this working so its just a matter of spending some time on it. As i said its all free so its worth looking at.

4. N/B

N/B Forum Member

You're not kidding - just checked it out. That is a mega, mega machine totally re-imagined from the ground up.
    Biggest step forward for them in years imo, that is going to be the default pro Photography / Video laptop for a good while.

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

It is stunning, and i will hopefully be ordering mine next month. Although, delivery on them has already slipped to 2-3 weeks, so to get it any time soon i might have to order sooner rather than later.

6. HPR

HPR Administrator Admin

Apple +1, The more i look toward Apple products , the more i think its the way i need to go,
    also the new OS Mountain Lion looks looks promissing ...

I will take a look into Ubuntu at a later time, once my old pc is bit up and will only be used to try things on.

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

To get the most out of OSX, iOS and the Apple way. You do have to buy into the Apple ecosystem. Which simply is the best in the world. Everything just works together as it should.