help juddering problem golf mk4 1.8t dream car has been a nightmare since owning it

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Newbievw15, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Newbievw15 New Member

Hi All,

So I have a mk4 golf 1.8T 2000 plate which I have been after from the start of time and after months of searching and finding a nice standard one it has been problem after problem.

I had a recent issue when the car would start to juddering whilst driving and pulling away so I replaced the 4 coils and spark plugs. Took the car for a spin only for the car to cut out to 3 cylinders. I called the AA who said it was cylinder two and said it needs to go to a garage after swapping the old coils and new ones around. I had friend come out whos a mechanic who checked the coils compression and electrical connectors and injectors which were all ok. After checking the injectors one had a missing seal which was replaced and the car ran fine for a day or two. But after a drive today it was fine when cold but once it got warm it started to judder again and flashed the eng management light then settled and went away. Any ideas on what to check next ?
    I dont have the money to have it vag checked at the moment so any help would be a big help.

Newbievw15

2. MrBroombastic76 New Member

You're going to need to extract some codes to dig any deeper I think.
    The EM light on meaning She's got something to tell you

3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

if it's flashing it's fuel or spark related
    best get vag com on it instead of guessing bud

4. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

a flashing MIL normally means you are potentially doing mechanical damage to the engine or cat as the ecu can no longer compensate

a few things can cause this duff coil pack or plug causing a misfire or a injector or even the fuel pressure reg
    fuel pump blocked fuel filter and so on