!!HELP!! MK3 Golf GTi 16v !!HELP!!

Discussion in 'Engines' started by CDSutton9, Jul 8, 2007.

1. CDSutton9 New Member

Hi

I have a MK3 Golf GTi 16v, Ive had it for about 6 months. Within the last few weeks its started to chug/jerk at random times restricting the car from accelerating!!

Ive done everything I can possibly think of, before without spending big money on parts I dont even need!!

So far Ive changed:-

Cambelt
    Spark Plugs
    Plug Leads
    King Lead
    Coil Pack
    Distributor
    Distributor Cap
    Rotorarm
    Coolant Sensor
    Crank Sensor
    Fuel Filter

Has anyone else had this or a similar problem?? Advice would be really really really appreciated!!

Thanks [:D]

2. CDSutton9 New Member

Also all compressions tested when engine is hot, 140psi on all four cylinders!! [:D]

3. madmonkey Forum Addict

ECU Relay
    Fuel Pump Relay.

But most important!

Get it on VAG-COM and see if there are any faults.

4. Antichav Forum Member

This sounds like a problem that both Pete Taylor, Mat82 and myself all have.. seems to jerk/hesitate/misfire at revs between 2 - 4k?

General concensus seems to be the 2 knock sensors.. although I've not changed mine so can't promise it would fix the problem, however running super unleaded seems to have helped.. slightly.

5. Pete Taylor Forum Member

Replaced everything as you have above apart from crank sensor. I've changed all vacuum hoses and cleaned out the throttle body too still with the problem although mine doesn't misfire.

Next on my list is ECU relay and Fuel pump relays (30 from VW) and have the timing done again

6. Antichav Forum Member

Maybe VW integrated an engine death trigger once the ABF goes over 100k in an effort to encourage more new car sales..

7. Pete Taylor Forum Member

Or maybe I did.. so i can buy all the valvers in the world from cheesed off people for pennies, then remove the death trigger from the ECU's and sell them for 4k each :lol:

8. speedygti8v

speedygti8v Forum Member

i have the same prob on my abf in my mk2 i took the inlet manifold off to fit a 4 branch and found that the tps, ct switch wires all run down the back off the head close to the exhaust manifold well mine are all brittle and stuck together with bits of insulation coming off so i am thinking thats got something to do with it[:D] although i haven't tried it yet

9. **R1VAGE** New Member

Hi, Yup i too have the same prob, between 2-4K revs..I also posted my prob on the forum within the week check out my heading: 2L 16 V ABF, Error Code 00513 HELP!!

I today was looking around the eng. bay all wires and connectors appear intact..I am just thinking if it was a fuel relay fault why would it just be between 2-4k rpm?

10. Antichav Forum Member

I told you, its a cunning plot by VW..

also check your ECU vac hose..

Thing is, mine comes up with no faults and still does it, so I'm stumped to be honest.. if it was the knock sensors surely they would flag up as faulty or intermitent signal... it needs someone to run vagcom while on the move between these revs.. see what comes up!

11. Pete Taylor Forum Member

Relay faults will not show up on Vag Com dude. Same as mine, no engine faults showing