Help pleased !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Security' started by therierie, Jun 17, 2010.

1. therierie New Member

Could anyone please help !! I used my car as usuall and i turned of the engine at my destination but was unable to restart the car as the the alarm would not disable. I have a sterling touch key alarm that is used soley with the key for starting only. Normally you get about 20 secs to disarm the immobiliser and to get the car started, but the light would not go constant. I also noticed that the digital clocks display in dash where also constant without the key present, is this normal or are they supposed to go out, only i cant say that ive really noticed...please help !!!!!!!!!! I am totally fed up now as i have also had to disconnect the battery as it would of been flat come this morning .....the battery is brand new from only a few months ago so i know that is not my problem ....[:^(]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. neil kaye Forum Junkie

if you have the manual it should tell you how to manualy overide the alarm which puts it into an emergency dis arm,i dont know how though from memory,its something to do with turning ign on and off until led flashes so many times to put the pin code in

3. therierie New Member

mmmm, its the touch key version, so not sure where you would tap in any code !! im totally confused. are the digi lights on the dash supposed to be constant, ive got a mk3 16v gti....or are they supposed to go out !!

4. neil kaye Forum Junkie

sorry didnt read properly your first post,there has to be some way of over riding it,not sure what else to suggest,im not familiar with those,i was thinking it was a bit like the toad system

5. therierie New Member

thanks for answering anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i i knew what i was doing i'd rip it out and leave it out...

6. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

the only way to over ride a touch key immobiliser is to rip it out or bridge the immobiliser cuts
    check the fuse for it as it has 2 permanent 12v feeds an if one goes it will still be live but prevent you from disabling it with the touch key

7. data recovery New Member

Hello there,
    The antitheft system in your car is controlled by a computer. Scanning the computer will give you some idea of what has failed. You may find a broken wire in the steering column or a faulty ignition switch or ignition key. You may even have a failed computer.
    Anyway if you find more times this problem than I suggest you that please contact your car alarm service center.
    Thanks
    File Recovery