Help.....problem with idle.

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by jess86, Nov 17, 2016.

1. jess86 Forum Member

Hi all

Been having a few problems with the idle over the last year or so with my Mk2 16v.

Originally it would start from cold with revs staying at 1100rpm for a couple of mins then settle down to 900 but every now and then would cut out when you dip the clutch when braking coming up to a junction (usually when the car was cold or warming up). The co and idle speed were set up correctly in set up mode but made no difference.

It started happening more often so after finding no problems anywhere else I bought a second-hand isv. This was fitted and improved the cold cutting out but instead the car would rev to 1600rpm for a few seconds on cold starts and would idle just over 1000. Again co and idle were readjusted to try to improve but the high rev on start up from cold problem continued.

The sensors on the side of the head have been replaced and the throttle switch is working so I thought a new isv would be the answer but now the problem is even worst. After fitting today the revs are now between 1300-1600 all the time,even in set up mode it makes no difference. With the idle screw all the way in you can only get it down to 1300..(didn't bother getting the mixture checked with the idle this high)

The strange thing is if you unplug the sensor on the side of head for the isv or unplug the isv itself it doesn't cut out whereas it did with the old valve.
    Does anyone think the new valve may be faulty??...It is supposed to be a replacement for the original kr part number.