Help! Wheel Arches

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by gemzybabe, Nov 7, 2003.

1. gemzybabe Forum Member

The golf is coming out of the bodyshop on sun YEY (can't wait! [:D] )

I have had all the back panels resprayed as well as the arches on the clipper kit. Problem is I don't really want all the arches to get stone chipped again as soon as i drive away!

So ...... i need some sort of see-thru plastic to stick onto the wheels arches like they have on new cars to protect the paint. I know VW used to do them for the clipped kit but have discontinued them.

Any other ideas? coz really don't want the car ruined after i've had all this done :(

Thank u!

2. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Masking tape maybe? Not sure where you could get plastic from.

3. tony Forum Member

try foliatec, they do just such a product

4. Rainking Forum Member

could always try Fablon... eh darren... but that might be a swine to remove.

As a short term measure, masking tape'd do I'd say.... I'm pretty sure gtimadman had masking tape on the front of his Mk1 when he brought it to Action... so it should work!

5. damogti Forum Junkie

****Moved to Correct Section****

As has been said, Folotec make such a product. I think demon tweeks sell it amongst others.........