Help with 20VT Conversion in Milton Keynes/Bedfordshire

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by ringo14, Apr 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ringo14 New Member

Bit of a long shot but just wondering if anyone near Bedfordshire with previous experience with the mk2 conversion fancies giving me a hand with a few areas on my conversion.

I have a workshop and ramp which makes thing easy and I'm handy with a spanner but am just a bit unsure about converting to hydraulic clutch and electronic throttle etc.

I can pay for your time, but I also work for a steel fabrication company and have tyre changing equipment. So if you ever needed welding, or tyres changed or to use my ramp, no problems. Id be forever in your debt.

Anyone interested let me know and i can tell you what stage Im currently at etc.

2. Jommanjo Forum Member

Sent you a PM mate.

3. ringo14 New Member

For anyone interested in what stage im at:

I have the engine, gearbox, loom and gear shifter linkage out of the donor car.
    I have the MK2 on the ramp and have removed the subframe/engine/gearbox.

I can offer a 500 payment for someone to assist me in getting it complete.

Im guessing this is a couple of days work for someone who knows this conversion well, providing all the parts are there ready to go, which they will be.

I would carry on myself but the MK2 was my grandads car, he's had it from new so i want it to be perfect and not to mess anything up.

Any takers please PM me.