Help with AUM 1.8t DBW Wiring To B3 Passat TDI Pedal

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by M M, May 22, 2015.

1. M M

M M New Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it's to do with many different parts from different models.

I'm close to the end of the AUM 20vt swap in my mk2 and have one last thing to work out. I'm trying to wire the DBW to the B3 Passat TDI DBW pedal wiring (used a B3 Passat pedal box). I have tried the following (from this guide: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...W-pedal...can-I-use-a-mk4-DBW-pedal-instead):

T10H (Blue Mk4 Wiring Plug) --> B3 TDI Pedal Wire Plug
    Pin 1. Brown/Blue --> Pin 6. Yellow
    Pin 2. Grey/White --> Pin 5. Green
    Pin 3. Yellow/Green --> Pin 2. Pink
    Pin 4. Grey/Red --> Pin 3. Brown
    Pin 5. White/Blue --> Pin 1. White
    Pin 6. Grey/Blue --> Pin 4. Grey

With it like this, in VCDS measuring blocks 062, it picks up pedal movement from pretty much 0 to 100%. However, with the engine running, nothing happens when you press the pedal at all. I then rewired the Mk4 Pedal back in and it works fine, motor revs when pedal is pressed. Rewired the Passat one as above and nothing.

I also tried this:

T10H (Blue Mk4 Wiring Plug) --> B3 TDI Pedal Wire Plug
    Pin 1. Brown/Blue --> Pin 5. Green
    Pin 2. Grey/White --> Pin 2. Pink
    Pin 3. Yellow/Green --> Pin 3. Brown
    Pin 4. Grey/Red --> Pin 1. White
    Pin 5. White/Blue --> Pin 4. Grey
    Pin 6. Grey/Blue --> Pin 6. Yellow

Like this, it only picked up 1.2% in VCDS and nothing happened when motor was running.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work? I would rather use the Passat setup if possible as it's already installed in the car so it would be easier if there is a solution. Please help me sort this so I can finally drive my car.

Thanks in advance.

Picture of swap to keep your attention:

[​IMG]

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I would try to use the mk4 pedal, its not hard to mount relaly just make a flat plate and a bit of angle bracket. the diesel mk4 pedals are different and you get exactly the same issue if you mount a petrol mk4 pedal to a diesel mk4, so i guess the reverse is true trying to use a diesel passat pedal on a petrol mk4?

an alternative solution is see if you can find an early mk4 golf remote actuator type unit from a petrol model, it may fit the passat mount and work with your ecu?

3. M M

M M New Member

Thanks for your reply. Doing more research I found out that apparently it won't work as the TDI potentiometer works different to the 1.8t one (like you say). I've just made a bracket and am using the Mk4 one now (made exactly how you described actually, was super easy). Thanks again.